Tuesday, August 30, 2016

つくば祭り

Dearest Family,

We had zone conference this last week, and it was really weird to be one of the returning missionaries and to bear my testimony.  I actually cried during my testimony, which makes me think that maybe I will be just like my mom.  (*^^*)

On Saturday we had a kubarikai with the ward.  Only a few people showed up, but it was still fun.  Since it was raining and no one was on the streets, we just posted the apartments near the college. Afterwards there was a ward party, and we ate Nagashi Soumen in the church's parking lot.  They set up bamboo that they ran water through so that they could send noodles and stuff down for everyone to eat. That was a terrible description, so I'll send a video.

After the party, we went with Misaki (recent convert) and Yuuka (investigator) to the Tsukuba Matsuri and watched the parade.  It was so cool!  The taiko drums were amazing, and the Omikoshi were so beautiful.  Whenever I see so much culture, I just feel like I want to live in Japan forever.

This week I have the opportunity to go with Miki, one of the first people I met when I came to Japan, to the temple for her to receive her endowment.  I am so grateful for the relationship I have been able to build with her.  I am grateful for her example and for her diligence in the Gospel.  She is such an amazing person!  I am so excited for her to make eternal covenants with her Father in Heaven.

I love the temple!  I love the blessings and knowledge we can receive there.  I look forward to going more regularly when I return home.

I love you all!  Have a fantastic week!

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment