Monday, September 5, 2016

Lessons Learned in the Temple

Dearest Family:

This week was just perfect.  It was so special.  I had the opportunity to go to the temple with Miki, and it really was the best day ever.  I've looked forward to going to the temple with Miki for my entire mission, and it was so amazing to finally be able to go!  As I sat in the endowment with her, I had this overwhelming feeling that my mission was successful.  I've had a lot of ups and downs on my mission, a lot of miracles and trials, but through it all I feel that I was able to give my all to the Lord.  I was able to give Him my whole will, and because of that my mission has changed me.  I would not be who I am today if not for my mission.

I'm so grateful for all the people I have met on my mission, for the wonderful friends I've made and the many people I've been able to talk to.  I learned so much about myself and about how to open up to others.  I've learned a great deal about charity, and what I need to do to become more like my Savior.  I've learned so much more than I could possibly write, and I know that I will continue to learn more throughout my life.

I love Japan.  I love the people, the land, the culture, and even the bugs.  I love being here, and I will miss everything when I go home.  But, I know that the Lord has so much more in store for me, and I look forward to seeing and experiencing it all.

I love you all so much!  Thank you for your continued support throughout the last year and a half.  I look forward to when we can reunite as brethren and sisters in the Lord.

I know this church is true!  I know that He is the Way to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, my Savior.  I am grateful for living day prophets and continuing revelation.  I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the light that it brings into my life.

With love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment