Monday, August 22, 2016

札幌神殿奉献式

Dearest Family,

Yesterday I had the opportunity to participate via broadcast in the Sapporo Shinden dedication! It was an amazing experience! Elder Stevenson conducted the meeting in Japanese, and President Whiting was able to share his thoughts in Japanese as well. I feel like that was very special for the Japanese people. President Nelson (I love him) spoke in English, and was so excited to speak that he often cut off his translator. It was a very special meeting. I was happy to use the white handkerchief I brought from home for the temple dedication in the Hosanna Shout. It was interesting doing it in Japanese. I memorized the lyrics for The Spirit of God Like a Fire is Burning in Japanese, but was disappointed when we only sang two verses. It was a really great experience though, and I felt an even greater bond with Japan. I will truly miss this place and these people so much.

We've had a lot of rain these last few days (taifuu season), and the other day we saw a rainbow! It was pretty large. I can't remember the last time I've seen a rainbow.

Yesterday we watched The Restoration video (the hour long one) with Yuuka. It kept skipping and freezing, which was probably Satan's fault. It was still really powerful though. We should be meeting with her parents in a week or two.

I am so grateful for Joseph Smith, that even at such a young age he thought so deeply about religious things and was willing to stand by the answers he received. I cannot think of anyone more courageous or more steady than him. Truly, Joseph Smith has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it. I am so grateful for his example and for his many sacrifices. I know that he was foreordained to be the prophet of the Restoration. I know that he truly did see God, the Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ, in the Sacred Grove. I know that he received all of the Priesthood keys necessary for our salvation, and I know that we still have those keys today.

I love you all! Crandall Shimai より

No comments:

Post a Comment