Monday, June 29, 2015

Transition

Dear Family, Friends and Missionaries,

This last week was our final zone conference with President and Sister Budge. It is sad to know that I won't see them again until after my mission. I am so grateful to them for all of the wonderful things they have taught me! I am excited to get to know President and Sister Nagano, though. I guess it's a blessing to have two different mission presidents - I get to learn from two great couples!

Chapman Shimai and I attended the Chiba Stake's Women's Conference on Saturday. It was fun to hear the testimonies of women of all ages. The Primary girls sang some songs for us, and the young women taught us the EFY line dance. The Relief Society women put on a fun skit about how Relief Society began. All in all it was really fun. My favorite part, though, was when a sister stood up and recited from memory the Family Proclamation! Wow, it was so powerful! I think they challenged everyone in the stake to memorize it, too. I have been working on memorizing it, too. How are you all doing with your memorization?

Yesterday was Yoru Seisankai - Evening Sacrament Meeting! There were seven of us: the four missionaries, Brother Miyazaki, Sister Sensui, and an investigator named Alex. We all had the opportunity to bear our testimonies. It was pretty fun. Apparently Kisaradzu Branch has Yoru Seisankai once a month, and I guess it makes sense because there weren't too many people there. Hopefully we can get some of our investigators to come to church sometime...

We had a lesson with Sanae san this last week at her house! We usually just meet her right after Eikaiwa, but we decided to go to her home and try to have a more formal lesson. It was amazing! She really opened up and shared her feelings with us, and we were able to read the Book of Mormon together and strengthen her. We sang a hymn at the end and it was so powerful! Wow, I love it when music is so moving! Hopefully we can have another lesson like that again soon.

We met with Eiko twice this last week and asked her why she wasn't coming to church. Her son has a ballet performance coming up soon and has had practices on Saturdays, so family fun time had been moved to Sundays instead. She said that hopefully she will be able to come to church again soon. We helped her organize her receipts, which was super fun, and we spent a lot of time just talking and building a relationship of trust. She shared with us really cool experience she had when her daughter, Marie (pronounced with three syllables) was very young. It was super powerful, and she started to cry. Eiko has so much faith! She truly is a wonderful wife and mother! I know that she will bless her family for generations.

I love you all so much! I am so grateful for your love and support! I know that this is the Lord's work. I know that families are eternal. I am so grateful for the promptings of the Holy Spirit. I love this gospel, and I love my Savior!

With love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment