Tuesday, June 2, 2015

ペリ長老

Dearest Family, Friends, and Missionaries,

My heart is full of love for Elder L. Tom Perry. When I learned that he passed away yesterday I was very surprised. He always seemed so genki, so perky all the time. I will miss his talks about happiness in the family. I reread his talk from conference this morning, and the last two paragraphs feel even more powerful to me, now. I can't help but notice that Elder Perry's final talk was about marriage. Of all the things he could have testified of, the Lord had him bear witness of the sanctity of marriage and the importance of family.

Not much has happened since my last P-Day. We met with Janet again on Friday (I believe I mentioned her in my last email). We usually meet at a rooftop park over the mall. It was raining on Friday, but she was still there and eager to hear our message. We shared about the Restoration with her, and we even invited her to be baptized. She said, "Well, to be baptized I need to start coming to church, huh?" She really understands the importance of baptism, and she wants to come to church. However, her husband is against religion, and she doesn't know if she will be able to come to church. We continue to pray for her daily so that her husband's heart will be softened.

On Sunday, the church leaders decided they wanted to start a Chinese class, and they wanted to start it that day! So, we gathered all of the Chinese investigators and our Chinese recent convert, Ning Kyoudai (he was baptized last week), and we taught a class in Chinese. Elder Higbee would teach in Japanese very simply, and then Ning Kyoudai would expound on that in Chinese. Ning's testimony truly is amazing, and I believe that it will really strengthen his wife, Mei's, testimony. She said that the class was really wakariyasui, and she seemed so full of light. I am excited for Ning Kyoudai to teach the entire lesson next week.

I love you all! I know that as we rely wholly on the Lord, our weaknesses will become strengths. He will always tell us where we can improve to become the kind of person He would have us become.

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment