Monday, June 8, 2015

Kisarazu

Dearest Family, Friends, and Missionaries,

We had Tenkin Happyou today... Transfer calls! I was very surprised to hear that I am being transferred to Kisarazu! I thought for sure that I would be with Sakamoto Shimai again as I have been helping her prepare for an English test she will be taking in July. She will become Area Sempai here and will become companions with Gushiken Shimai, one of my douki from the MTC! I know that they will accomplish great things here. In the meantime, I am going from a ward of 300+ to a branch of about 30. It should be a different experience. I will transfer on Wednesday.

We met with our investigator named Sakura twice this last week! We had an appointment for Tuesday night, and she called us Tuesday evening to say she couldn't make it anymore. We were shocked when she offered to meet right then instead! We gave her a tour of the church, and she was super excited about the picture of Christ appearing to the Nephites. Sakura is half Colombian, so I think that has special meaning for her. Sakamoto Shimai was amazing and talked almost the entire time in Spanish!

We really wanted to show Hibiki chan the Restoration video, but she said that she couldn't come to the church, and we couldn't find it in Japanese on the iPad... so, we used the iPad to film it! We brought a blanket and sat outside her apartment and watched the Restoration. It was pretty sweet. I look forward for the day when Hibiki can be baptized.

Sakamoto Shimai and I have started doing surprise visits for members, and it seems to work out! We visited the Primary President, and she and her family were so excited to see missionaries at their house. They cleaned the house for us really quickly and then gathered around to listen to our message. We asked the parents to share some experiences from the missions, and we could tell that this wasn't the first time the children had heard these stories. Our ward mission leader had told us that most children in Japan never see their parents bear testimony of anything outside of church, but I feel that we proved him wrong.

I am so grateful for the roles of parents in family. Parents can fill their homes with light and truth. Parents can help their children learn and grow in a spiritual environment. I am so grateful for my parents who so lovingly raised me. I wouldn't be here without them.

Love, Crandall Shimai

PS: Shout out to my best friend Tori who is leaving on July 15th for the Tonga Nuku'alofa mission! I know that she will do great things!

PPS: How is the Family Proclamation coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment