Monday, June 22, 2015

Aeon and Tokyo Bay

Dearest Family and Friends,

Happy Father's Day to the most wonderful dad in the world! I am so grateful for my dad and for all that he has done for me! His love and support is priceless! Likewise, I am grateful for my loving Heavenly Father. He guides me every day to do the things that I need to.

We had a busy week this week. I never realized how inconvenient meetings could be... We always had our district and zone meetings in Matsudo when I was there, so I never had to travel far. Now, our meetings are in Tougane, about an hour train ride away! This week we have Zone Conference with President and Sister Budge, our last one ever. We will have another Zone Conference next week with President and Sister Nagano, the first of many! Both conferences will be in Inage... Another hour train ride away! It'll all be worth it, though.

I'm a little short on time, so I just want to share about one of our investigators. Her name is Takahama san. We met with her on Saturday, and she talked our ears off about her family. She loves her family, and she said that she sees us as her own daughters. It was great to teach her about the Plan of Salvation. As we hugged goodbye, she almost started crying. I was surprised at how much genuine love she had for us even though it was our (well, my) first time teaching her. She came to church yesterday as well, and she said that she would do her best to come back. I think that we will see her progress a lot in the coming weeks, hopefully to baptism!

We taught the Gospel Principles class yesterday, and it was my first time teaching a lesson at church! It was a lot of fun and a great experience. I look forward to teaching more in the future and improving my teaching skills.

Today we went to the Aeon Mall... And it was the nicest mall I have ever been to! Apparently it is the second biggest in Japan. The floor was so clean that it was reflective! We walked around and looked at different shops... And we tended to gravitate to the kitchenware shops rather than the clothing shops. It was fun just to wander around and look at stuff. I looked at kimonos and yukatas, but they were all so expensive... We also went to the bay today and took pictures. It was a busy Pday!

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to teach here in Kisaradzu! I know that these people are being prepared by God. I know that this is His work. He will move it forward!


Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment