Tuesday, May 26, 2015

神殿

Dearest Family, Missionaries, and Friends,
As many of you may have guessed, this week was Sisters' Temple P-Day, so we have P-Day on Tuesday instead of Monday. I am always unhappy that my email schedule is thrown off, but it is what it is.
This week was crazy. Some people started progressing a lot more, some stopped progressing so much...
Our district leader asked us how things were going with Mei san, and we said that we weren't super close yet. Our relationship was still kind of awkward. Right after that phone call, we met with Mei san and our relationship improved a bunch! She started to ask us questions and tell us when she didn't understand. She really gets along with one of the members, too. On Sunday, Mei's husband, Ning san, was baptized, and she came to the baptism! She stayed for all three hours of church after that. Sunday evening we saw her again at a member's house for a dinner party, and she seemed so happy. Ning Kyoudai has been reading the Morumon Sho with her and praying with her every day, and she is starting to build a lot of faith. I pray that I will be able to see Ning baptize his wife.
Miki, Sakamoto Shimai, Crandall Shimai, Mizuki, Manami, Crocket
Chourou, Higbee Chourou
We skyped with Miki a few times, and she is so kin! She has so much faith! She prays every day that her dog will get better, and she says that she knows she will. Miki really has a desire to keep all of the commandments and to come to church. She wants to become a better person. We're planning on teaching her about the Word of Wisdom soon, so hopefully that won't be too big of a problem...
We surprise visited Hana yesterday, and she was so excited to see us. She is starting to have a lot more light, which is amazing. She has work all the time, but says that she just wants to read the Book of Mormon. She wants to finish the book in one year. She told us that she wants us to come study with her, and we told her that we'll transfer away sometime. She then said, "Well, I don't care who studies with me, as long as someone keeps visiting me!" She is too cute. We're hoping to talk about baptism with her soon.
We had a lesson with Mizuki on Saturday, and we talked a lot about baptism. She was super hesitant about it and would not accept a date. We talked about prayer and asked her to pray for us, and she really didn't want to. I then had the thought that I needed to pray first, so I did. It was amazing how the words just came to me. I knew in the moment what I needed to say. When I finished, Mizuki was crying. She consented to pray for us and gave one of the most beautiful, heartfelt prayers I have ever heard. I pray that she will remember the Spirit that she felt that night.
Hibiki didn't come to church again, which means we have to push back her baptism again. We need her mom to come to church so that we can get permission for her to be baptized. We learned that two church members showed up at Hibiki's house on Friday or Saturday, but they didn't invite her to church, so she didn't come. When we spoke with her, she said that she had been invited to attend her old church again, and she promised them that she would go next Sunday... It broke my heart. We obviously need to talk with her again about faith and baptism and what that means.
The temple today was glorious. I love the feeling of peace that comes when I am in the Lord's house. I am grateful for the revelation that I receive. I know that as we stand in holy places, the Lord will be able to bless us abundantly. He will teach us and guide us. I am so grateful for the temple, and I am so grateful that I have always lived within close proximity of one. I know that as we show our diligence in following the Lord, He will trust us with His work.
I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment