Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Life and Death

Dearest Family,

Wow, it suddenly got really hot this last week.  And it's not even summer yet.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  Probably just evaporate or something.

Our area has suddenly found new life.  We got a referral last week from a girl in Canada, who will actually be coming to this mission as a new missionary in September (when I go home).  Her friend did a study abroad in Canada for a year, and requested to meet with the missionaries here.  Having only an address, we visited this girl, and miraculously she was home!  She was shocked that we had come so fast, and upon talking with her we learned that while she was in Canada she had received all of the missionary lessons and wanted to be baptized.  Wow, it's like the Lord just handed us a kinjin.  She came to church yesterday and we set a baptismal date for July 24th.

As for the death part of the email title... on Sunday morning, we opened the door to leave the apartment and were shocked.  There was blood on the walkway and feathers everywhere!  I think a pigeon got attacked by a crow early in the morning, leaving behind a bunch of feathers and few other remains.

I'm sorry, I'm sure you all wanted to know that.  We cleaned up most of the feathers and decided the blood stains on the ground aren't worth the effort.

I've come to love the Book of Mormon even more this last week; something which I didn't think was possible.  It's amazing how every time I read the scriptures, my love for them grows.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true!  I know that through that book we can draw closer to our Savior!

I love you all!  Have a fantastic 4th of July!

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment