Monday, June 27, 2016

I'm Gonna Die!!

One of the English phrases I taught to my new companion this last week J

Dearest Loved Ones,

This last week has been so amazing!  After saying goodbye to Sister Burke, I went to the Honbu to pick up my new companion.  Her name is Sister Tanda, and I first met her in Kisaradzu when she returned home early from her mission in Koube for medical reasons.  She will be in the Tokyo Mission for two transfers, and then will be returning to her mission in Koube.  She is at transfer six right now, so I'm not actually training, but it has still been a lot of fun.
Tanda & Crandall Shimai with President & Sister Nagano

We saw a crazy miracle on Thursday.  One of our Eikaiwa students brought a friend, and upon finding that it was too hard for her, Tanda Shimai offered that we teach a private English lesson.  She said that we would like to share a gospel message as well, and the lady readily agreed!  It was a miracle!

We've been praying really hard to teach a family.  We are both determined to find and baptize a family before I go home in September.  Well, yesterday at church, a member came and got us during Sunday School and told us that a mother and her daughter had come to church!  We were confused but, come to find out, the mother that has been bringing her three year old daughter to children's Eikaiwa every week decided she wanted to see what church was like.  We went to nursery together, and then afterwards we shared a short message about God with her and then set up expectations to meet with her and her husband before kodomo eikaiwa to talk about what we believe!  I am so excited to see where things go!

I'd like to invite you all to read President Eyring's talk from April 2003, “A Child and a Disciple.”  I truly believe that there are people all over the world who are prepared to hear the Gospel!  I know that we can all share the Gospel, no matter our strengths or weaknesses.

I love you all!  Please be safe this week!
Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment