Tuesday, October 27, 2015

同僚交換

Dearest Loved Ones,

I hope all is going well. We had companion exchanges this last week and I had the opportunity to go to Chiba for a day! We met with a potential investigator for the first time, and I committed her to be baptized! Now if only I could do that with some of my own investigators... I also got to help teach kodomo eikaiwa, and it was fun to see Sister Chapman's recent convert Manami and her adorable son, Mau. Even with only two kids, children's eikaiwa was way fun!

On Sunday we had our last planning meeting for the Halloween party, and this time one of the members joined us to help. We should've had him help from the start because he was WAY effective at getting things done and tasks assigned. It was amazing. I'm hoping that the Halloween party is a huge success. We plan on handing out chirashis at the eki every spare minute we have.

We've come to the conclusion that all of our investigators are at the point where they either need to have a baptismal date or they need to be dropped. We really need to find some new investigators. We've made plans to confront baptism with everyone, which should be fun. I hate dropping people, but sometimes it's got to be done.

Today we needed to buy curtains for our apartment (or face the wrath of Sister Nagano, which probably isn't that bad, but...), so Sensui Shimai drove us to a store called Joyful Honda. It has to be the most amazing store ever. It's similar to Ikea - it has a lot of stuff for your home, inside and out. But it also had a super cheap grocery store. It was so fun just to look at all the meat they had, and how cheap it was! I wish I could grocery shop there every week. The only thing they don't sell is cars.

I had the opportunity to speak in church yesterday about examples. I am so grateful for the many examples that I have in my life. I am particularly grateful for my amazing mom and my three wonderful sisters. I am so blessed to have grown up with such wonderful women.

My ponderizing scripture this week is John 15:13. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." I may not have to lay down my life, but I want to do whatever I can to serve and love my friends. Remember, charity seeketh not her own!

Have a fantastic week! And happy birthday to Darci this Saturday!

Love, Crandall Shimai

Sister Amelia Crandall
Japan Tokyo Mission
4-25-12 Nishi Ochiai Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo-to 161-0031
Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment