Monday, October 19, 2015

Charity Never Faileth!

Dearest Family and Friends,

Week one of the transfer is already gone. I can't believe how quickly October is flying by! We've been planning a Halloween party for the 31st, so hopefully it turns out alright. I'll attach a picture of the flyer we made.

We had the opportunity to go to a festival in Tateyama with an investigator this last week, and it was way fun! There were these giant wooden floats that people would pull through the streets. There were drums and flutes going the entire time. There was so much food, and I almost didn't have to buy anything because the people we were with kept sharing their food with me! We watched this weird little skit of some samurai fighting an evil samurai. It was pretty intense. The costumes were way cool, but our investigator told me she thinks the costumes my sister made were better. We took a refreshing walk on the beach and then watched a short firework show before taking the hour long train ride home.


We've been meeting consistently with Mami, and she is soaking up everything we tell her. This last week, she told us about how she was talking with someone about the Bible and she asked him why God preferred Abel's offering over Cain's, and she could tell that he hadn't thought about it before. She told us, "I don't think his answer was right, because it was different from yours!" We asked her why she was so convinced that Crandall Shimai's answer was right, and she immediately responded, "Because I trust you!" It was very touching. I love Mami, and I am so grateful for the amazing relationship that I have been able to build with her. It's relationships like these that make me so grateful for my mission. I am so grateful for the amazing experiences that I have every day. I'm grateful for the miracles and for the friends. I am most grateful for the opportunity that I have to draw closer to my Heavenly Father. I know that He will magnify me as I strive to further His work.

Lastly, I'd like to go over my ponderizing scripture for the week. This last week, my scripture was D&C 121:45: "Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men... And let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then may thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God;" This is the first of many scriptures that go along the theme of "Charity Never Faileth." I want to develop more charity in myself, and this first week I focused on "charity thinketh no evil" by striving to always have clean thoughts and hold no grudges or anger. For this next week, my focus is "charity vaunteth not itself." Charity is not prideful, but builds people up through humility. My scripture is 1 Corinthians 8:1: "Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth."

I love you all! Have a great week, and don't forget to memorize the Family Proclamation!

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment