Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Tsukuba!

Dearest Family and Friends,

Konnichiha from Tsukuba!  I arrived here last Wednesday, and it was nice to see all of the plant life.  There's even a (small) mountain here called Tsukuba San.  We were supposed to hike it, but due to some problems with my ankles we had to cancel.

There aren't too many investigators here, but there are a bunch of daigakusei walking around!  I will talk to all of them!  I will find those who are prepared!

We had a Relief Society activity this last weekend, and it was nice to get a head start on learning names.  This ward is just a little smaller than Koshigaya ward. It shouldn't take too long to remember names.  I have already been impressed at how willing members are to drive us around.  We've already been able to visit with several less actives.  I am really looking forward to working here in Tsukuba.

Oh, I learned this last week that Tsukuba does have Kanji!  It's usually written as つくば、but it originally came from 筑波。I think that there are just so many foreigners at the college here that they probably changed it to the phonetic characters instead.

I am grateful every day for the opportunity I have to serve in this beautiful country.  I love the people, I love the culture.  I love the Gospel, and I know that there are those who are ready to receive me.

Have a great week!
Love, Crandall Shimai


Sister Amelia Crandall
Japan Tokyo Mission
4-25-12 Nishi Ochiai
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo-to 161-0031
Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment