Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Temple Weekend

Dearest Family and Friends,

Wow, this last weekend was great!  I was able to go to Matsudo on Friday for Zone Meeting!  It was so great to be back in my first area!  I was so excited.  That church is so beautiful... I can't get over it.  It could probably be a temple.  We then had half day exchanges and I got to work with Sister Oda for a few hours!  It was way fun!

On Saturday, we had the opportunity to go with a recent convert in Tsukuba named Misaki to the temple to do baptisms!  It was my first time seeing the baptistry in the Tokyo Temple.  It was really small, but it felt so 懐かしい。It made me want to do baptisms every week again.  I was blessed to see a less active from Koshigaya there in the temple, Sano Shimai!  I love her so much, and I was grateful for the opportunity to visit with her for a minute.

We were informed on Saturday that the Sister Training Leaders had to change their exchange schedule, and we went back to Matsudo for exchanges on Monday!  I spent the day with my beloved Tausinga Shimai.  During my first transfer, we spent a lot of time together as our companions were both Sister Training Leaders.  It was fun to be back together again during Sister Tausinga's last transfer.  I was able to lead her all around as we visited with less actives and other members.  We surprised Miki at our Skype mogi lesson, and I had so much fun teaching her the Word of Wisdom.  That lesson stands out in my memory as the turning point in our lessons with Miki.  That was when she went from being another investigator to an actual progressing investigator.  It was really special to me to relive that moment.

Sister Burke & Sister Crandall
This morning we went to Tokyo and did a session in the temple!  I love being in the temple.  It is amazing now to be able to get insights from hearing it in a different language.  I know that the ordinances in the temple truly are necessary for our salvation.  This is God's plan.  The temple is where our families become eternal.  The temple will always have such a special place in my heart.

I love you all so much!  I am so grateful for all of your love and support!  Please continue to be safe.

Love, Crandall Shimai

PS:  Oh yeah, there was an earthquake last week.  Everyone has been writing about how big and scary it was... I didn't think it was that bad.  It seemed pretty short and not very destructive.  According to the members, it originated from Tsuchiura, which is a city in Tsukuba area.  Maybe it just wasn't as severe right in the epicenter?  I don't know.

Anyway, I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment