Saturday, April 9, 2016

SAKURA!

Dearest Family and Friends,

This week went by so quickly, yet things that happened just a day or two ago seem like forever ago...

On Tuesday, we visited with Sano Shimai!  I love her!  She gave me a cute kaki keychain (we set up this appointment because we thought I was leaving, but then I didn't transfer away).  We also visited with Wendy and Imanari Yuka, our two progressing investigators.  we also had time to go streeting for two hours straight.  How was there so much time in one day?

We spent Wednesday in Kasukabe with Sister Nicholes as we waited for Gushiken Shimai to arrive from Niigata.  We visited with Kanno Shimai, the lady who handed out 16 Books of Mormon in the hospital in Koshigaya area.  She is a dendou fireball.  We also found some beautiful pink trees and snapped a few pictures...

And yes, the sakura are blooming!  They are so beautiful!  This is probably the time of year that I take the most pictures!  The rivers are lined with sakura, and there are pink flowers everywhere!  I definitely want to plant sakura in my yard in the future.

On Friday we got a phone call from someone we didn't know... She was a dropped investigator from two years ago, and she wanted to meet!  It was a crazy miracle!  She came to kodomo eikaiwa and we got to talk with her about...

--
Stop!  I forgot that at this time of year all of the people running for office drive around in these cars with megaphones and tell you to vote for them!  One just drove by, and it was way natsukashii.
--

...her problems and her interests.  We should be meeting regularly from now on, which is way exciting.

Sunday was CONFERENCE!  I LOVE CONFERENCE!  SO MUCH!  We watched the Priesthood session live, and then we watched the Saturday sessions after that.  It was all really good.  I loved the music and the talks... the Spirit was so strong, and I felt so grateful for continuing revelation through living prophets.

Lastly, Sunday night we visited a referral from the elders named Kudo, and she was home!  She had been dropped a long time ago, and she said that it would be okay for us to come back next week and share a message with her family!  It was a really sweet tender mercy of the Lord!

I love you all!  Have a great week!
Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment