Monday, November 23, 2015

さようなら木更津

Dearest loved ones,

I apologize, I'm a little short on time today. We just received our transfer calls this morning, and I am leaving my beloved Kisarazu and going to Koshigaya! (See that Sister Chapman? I am not a Chiba girl!) I will be serving as a Sister Training Leader there, so that should be exciting and new. I'll include an experience that I wrote in my letter to President Nagano.

“After visiting an investigator on Friday, we returned to the church to do our twelve week study. Midway through the study, Moore Shimai had the distinct impression we needed to go back and talk to a girl we saw sitting by a gate on our way to the church, so we walked back. Upon arriving, we found that the girl was gone. We looked a bit closer at the gate and realized that it was the gate to a high school! And we could hear voices inside! We waited a few minutes, and then five girls came out. We engaged in a friendly conversation with them, and we asked them to help us start an English tutoring class. The girls wanted to help, but they couldn't really understand what it was we were asking them. And then the miracle happened. Four more girls walked out of the gate and stopped to see what was going on, and then their English teacher started driving out! The girls went crazy and stopped their teacher so that she could speak to us. As we talked with the English teacher, the girls excitedly took photos and videos. The teacher asked us why we were in Japan, and we were able to tell her about our role as missionaries and our desire to serve. We told her about the tutoring class we wanted to start, and she helped us choose a time when all of the girls would be free. She basically told all of the girls there that they should come to our free English tutoring. We are very hopeful for this next Saturday when the girls are supposed to come. This entire experience was so amazing to us. It was definitely the Lord who orchestrated this encounter. It was a great dendou experience, and, most importantly, it was fun.”

I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve in Kisarazu. I love this place so much, and will definitely miss the people. The relationships I have made here are so precious to me. I will definitely come back and visit sometime. I look forward to new experiences in Koshigaya!

Love, Crandall Shimai

Sister Amelia Crandall
Japan Tokyo Mission
4-25-12 Nishi Ochiai
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo-to 161-0031
Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment