Monday, March 30, 2015

Heated Floors & Bathroom Surprises!

Dear Family, Friends, and Missionaries,

I don't have much time this week, so sorry if my thoughts are all over the place!

I bought some Pokemon Candy this week. All of the members love that I love Pokemon. They also love that I like JPop, but none of them have heard of Kalafina...

We did exchanges on Tuesday, and I got to work with Tausinga Shimai in Kamagaya. Tausinga Shimai is on her second transfer. They had no investigators, so we spent the entire day finding. It was good speaking practice, but it was so cold! People here don't even open their doors when you ring the doorbell. They either yell through their door at you or they look at you with their camera and speak through the intercom. So weird. The apaato in Kamagaya has a heated floor. It was so nice to lay on it after our daily planning.

About the title of the email... My first day in Japan I was surprised to find that the toilet seat was heated! I definitely want one in my house. It was quite a pleasant surprise. This last week we were using the bathrooms in the church, and while enjoying the warm seat, I was looking at the different buttons wondering what they did... I accidentally pressed one, and then the toilet sprayed me! I had heard of toilets that would spray you, but I don't know why anyone would do that! Luckily, I knew the kanji for "stop." Otherwise, the toilet would have kept spraying me! It was so crazy.

Teruya Shimai and I have several investigators, but we feel that they aren't progressing anywhere. They keep all of their commitments, but they don't seem to be building testimonies. We want to make sure that they know why we are here, and we want to try changing the commitments to help them progress more. We'll see how it goes.

Yesterday, I street contacted (while biking, which is crazy) a girl named Emelyn. She is from Firipin (the Philippines) and showed a lot of interest in learning about the Church. Teruya Shimai and I have really wanted to find a kinjin (golden person), and we're hoping that Emelyn turns out to be our Firikinjin. :3

We took pictures of some of the cherry blossoms today! There are so many! I'm really excited, because I probably would not have seen them if I came at the end of April like I was originally supposed to...

I know that the Savior is aware of all of us. He knows us perfectly. He knows how to help us. I am so grateful for His strength.

I love you all!
Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment