Thursday, March 12, 2015

Atarashii Disutorikuto

Nihonjin District


Dearest friends, family, and missionaries, 

Shortly after sending my email last week, I was swept away into the Nihonjin district.  Instead of going to the temple, I went to a four hour class in Japanese where I barely understood what was going on.  I had to move all of my possessions to a new room, and I'm still living out of my suitcase... It was super overwhelming at first, but I am feeling a lot better and more capable now.  Teaching is still hard, but I feel that as I push myself, I am able to do more.  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to learn with the Nihonjin.  

My new companion is Yoshimura Shimai.  She is so sweet and understanding.  Planning and stuff can be really hard sometimes, but I find that it is getting easier to share thoughts with her during companionship study.  
Sisters Crandall & Yoshimura
I love the Nihonjin!  They are so crazy and loud!  I could just watch them all day.  =3  I am so grateful to be with them.  They are kind and willing to help me with Japanese.  In turn, I help them to differentiate between Ls and Rs.  

Half of the Nihonjin are leaving on Monday and the other half are leaving next Thursday.  I was informed that my Visa is not yet back, so I have no idea when I will be leaving for Japan.  Whether I go on time or not, I know that the Lord has a plan for me.  I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to study with the Nihonjin.  I have seen so much more improvement with them than with my previous district (although I love them and loved the time that I had with them).  

Quentin L. Cook spoke to us at the last Devo (Tuesday night), and one thing he said really stood out to me.  He said that he knows the Savior's voice.  The thought immediately came to me that I, too, can know the Savior's voice.  

I love you all!  Keep striving for improvement, and I know that the Lord will help you get there.  I know that as I rely on Him, he will turn my weaknesses to strengths.  I may not be very good at Japanese yet, but even a simple testimony can invite the Spirit, and it is the Spirit who really does the teaching.  

Love, 
Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment