Monday, February 22, 2016

On Splits with the Elders?!

Dearest Family and Friends,

Wow, I feel like it has been forever!  So much has happened in this past week

Transfer day was really amusing to me, so I'll just detail it all out.

Sister Gottfredson was the only sister leaving our zone, so we didn't have much to do for transfer planning (Phew!).  But, since the Kasukabe sisters weren't transferring at all, they had a normal day planned and a lesson appointment already in place... this made it so that I wouldn't be able to join them for a few hours to avoid being alone... so... I got permission from the assistants to spend the morning with the elders (the Okegawa Sisters are too far away for me to go spend just a few hours with.  By the time I got there I would have to turn around and come right back).  Let's just say it was one of the weirdest mornings of my life.

I said goodbye to Sister Gottfredson at 8, and then she got on a train going north and I hopped on a train going south to Matsubara Danchi.  I arrived at the eki a bit early, so I decided to go use the bathroom at the nearest 7/11. The whole time I was feeling nervous about being alone.  Oh no.  I always thought I wouldn't be the kind of missionary to feel awkward being alone after my mission, but now I'm thinking I might be following Mom around for a few days.  Anyway, I went back to the eki where I found Mikatsura Kyoudai.  I talked with him until the elders came, and then we walked back to their apartment where they could take apart Elder Burch's bike.

We picked up the bike and then proceeded to ride the elevator up to the eleventh floor of the danchi... it was the most awkward elevator ride of my life.  There was me, Mikatsura Kyoudai, Elder Burch, Elder Viehweg, and Elder Burch's bike, all in that little elevator, and the whole time in my mind I was like "What am I doing in an elevator full of men?"  I had myself pushed up against the wall so as not to come in contact with any of them. (Apparently I'm okay with being in a crowded train full of men, but when it comes to elders in an elevator...)  Mikatsura Kyoudai and I stood outside the apartment door (I decided I probably shouldn't go inside) and watched as the elders took apart the bike and put it in the bag for travel.  I took the liberty to take a pano of Matsubara Danchi while I waited.

After that, we went to a nearby McDonalds and studied for an hour until Elder Burch left.  (The other set of elders had to take Elder Lloyd's bike to the bike shop for something, so that's why they couldn't join us.  That's why we had Mikatsura Kyoudai with us.)  I then found myself in a trio with Elder Viehweg and Mikatsura Kyoudai.  Weirdest day of my life.  We went back to McDonalds and studied for another hour or so, and I helped Elder Viehweg plan district meeting (never done that before!).  We had a very nice talk with Mikatsura Kyoudai about the Gospel and Joseph Smith.  I then travelled back to Gamou Eki where I met up with Sister Wadsworth.

All in all it was a pretty crazy day.  Definitely an experience I will never forget.  Sorry, I'm not the best at narrating experiences.  I would have loved to take pictures, but I decided that would probably be lame, so I didn't even try.

Other than that it has been a good week for finding.  We have decided that we really need to find solid new investigators if we want to see a baptism this transfer, so we did A LOT of finding.  Yesterday, we talked to (Sarah, you'll be so proud) 131 people!  We talked to two junior high school girls who might have interest and they took a picture with us.  We'll email them and try to get the picture from them.  They were way cute though!  They live in Matsudo, though, so I don't know if I'll ever meet them again.

Other than that, not too much has happened.  Just finding and getting all wet in the rain.  Brr!  My new companion, Sister Wadsworth, is amazing at finding, and I'm sure that I will learn a lot from her, too!

I love you all!  I know the church is true!

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment