Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pokemon Center, part 2

Dearest Family and Friends,

Yup, you heard it. I went back to the Pokemon Center. Sister Gottfredson said it was just fun to watch me look at stuff there. I get really giddy and excited, and I kindof dance around and hum to the music. I bought some Pokemon cards, and the clerk gave me a bonus Poncho-Wearing Pikachu card! I was so excited!

Today I had the opportunity to go to the temple! The session was in Japanese, so those who wanted to do it in English had to use the headphones. It was nice to do a session in Japanese without hearing English in the background (which is what usually happens when you use the headphones). I really felt the spirit. I love letting the peace of the temple go through me. Chapman Shimai was the only one of my previous companions to be at the temple. Sisters Teruya and Sakamoto are home, and Sister Moore's alarm didn't go off (apparently), which is a real bummer. I saw her bag at the temple, though, so I assume she still got to go? Maybe just a later session?


Anyway, after the temple we went to the little book store behind the temple, and I was finally able to secure myself a conference issue Liahona! It was GONE the last time I was at the temple, so I had to wait another six whole weeks! But I have a copy now, and I really look forward to studying it! As I was checking out, the clerk asked me if I wanted a free temple calendar. Apparently they were defective, so they couldn't sell them. I gladly said yes. He was like, "Oh, is this your companion? Here, I'll put one in for her, too!" We were so excited, and I may have danced for joy as I exited.

A lot of crazy miracles happened this last week. Awhile back, the ward decided to hold a baptismal service on December 26th, and they all started praying for our investigators by name to see a baptism on the 26th. When we met Eri Oyama (I think I mentioned her in a previous email), we were so sure that she was our Christmas Miracle. Well, she got busy with writing something up (she's graduating college soon) and had no time to meet. But, on Sunday the 13th a member's husband randomly came to church and said he wanted to be baptized. We've been meeting with him and preparing him, and he currently has a date for the 26th! This is truly a miracle attributed to the members' faith. We visited a member, Sakuma Shimai, yesterday, and she teared up as she bore testimony to us about how miraculous this whole thing is. She said that even though Sakaniwa Kyoudai's name wasn't on the list that they were praying for, he still came out of nowhere to become our Christmas Miracle. I am so grateful to be in Koshigaya at this time, to see this Christmas Miracle happen! I am so blessed to work with such an amazing ward. I feel that Sakaniwa Kyoudai will be the first of many miracles in the Koshigaya ward.

I love you all and wish you all a Merry Christmas! For so long prophets preached of the coming of a Savior. I can only imagine how much joy there was that night when He finally came to this earth. That night was the most peaceful night in history, and because of Him we can have peace in knowing that we can be with our families forever. I look forward to skyping with my family soon, and I especially look forward to seeing my new niece, baby Jessica Noelle!

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment