Monday, December 14, 2015

Miracles in Koshigaya

Dearest Loved Ones,

Wow, a lot of things have happened in Koshigaya this last week!

We had zone conference on Tuesday! That was extremely insightful. I feel that I learned a lot regarding how I can become a better missionary. I learned more about how I can become more charitable. I've started working on coming up with my New Year's resolutions since then...

On Thursday, we met up with a potential investigator at McDonalds. Her name is Eri, and she is so sweet! We talked with her about the restoration, and she told us that her friend had tried teaching her stuff over skype but she didn't understand very much because it was all in English. We then talked about the Plan of Salvation and committed Eri to be baptized on the 26th! Gottfredson Shimai later said, "Well, if I knew she was that kin we would have met her at the church instead of McDonalds!" She came to church on Sunday and seemed to enjoy it. I know that Christmas miracles are real!

After meeting with Eri, we were biking down the street when suddenly someone called out, "Shimaitachi! Sisters!" We stopped, and a lady walked over to us. She told us that she was a member of our church but hadn't gone for years! She said that she sometimes saw the elders around, but never felt inclined to call out to them. She gave us her address, and we plan on visiting her again sometime. We found a less active who wasn't even in our ward's records! Crazy miracles all around!

Friday we had zone meeting, and I got to teach about faith and attitude. When we have a good attitude, we can have more faith! We can better trust in God! And when we have faith, we can move mountains! Is anything too hard for the Lord?

I am growing more and more excited as Christmas draws nearer. I can't wait to see my new niece! And I'm sure Jessie is excited to see her favorite Auntie. I can't wait to hear Mom recite the family proclamation for me!

I love you all! I know that this church is true! I know that miracles are real, and that God loves His children! He is watching out for each and every one of us! He knows what we need, and He is completely willing to give. All we need to do is ask and trust.

My ponderizing scripture for this week is in Matthew 18:21-22.


Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment