Monday, August 24, 2015

#TheBook

Crandall & Chapman with Pres/Sis Nagano
Dearest Family and Friends,

Our mission has started a new social media wave using the hashtag #thebook. If you can, please share your testimony of the Book of Mormon using that hashtag on facebook, twitter, and other social media networks!

Our investigator with a baptismal date, Eiko, has been avoiding us recently. She is always gone around the time when we usually visit. We were able to catch her on Monday, but she only spoke with us through the kekko box (the speaker phone outside the house). She told us she was busy. Her son came outside to see us, so she eventually came out as well, but she was pretty icy... We set up a douseki (member present) lesson for Thursday, but she texted that morning saying she was sick. We stopped by to leave a note in her post, and all the cars were gone. We stopped by again on Friday, and she actually let us in! Then she didn't acknowledge us for the first ten minutes or so. Soooo awkward. We basically sat there and played with Atsushi's toys until she was willing to talk with us. She warmed up to us by the end, but then she had to go because the kids had ballet practice. She came to kodomo eikaiwa on Saturday, and she was totally normal. We don't really know what's going on, but we're thinking she'll start communicating with us again after her baptismal date, September 5th. Kind of crazy recently.

In happier news, Miki was baptized today! She was one of my investigators from Matsudo. I was unable to go to the service, but I am so happy just knowing that she was baptized. I know that she will be so blessed and strengthened. We'll be skyping with her tonight, and I'm so excited!

I am so grateful for the wonderful people that I can meet here in Japan! I have made so many wonderful friends. I am grateful for their kindness and help.

I know that the gospel is true! I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that we can come to know our Savior through studying the Book of Mormon. I know that as we draw closer to Him, He will draw closer to us.

The field is ready to harvest :-)
I love you all! Keep working hard in your respective duties! I know that He will strengthen you in all of your righteous endeavors!

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment