Monday, August 31, 2015

Stake Conference

Dear Loved Ones,

We had a busy week last week. We visited with many of the members in our branch and talked about how 愛は決して無駄にならない ai wa kesshite muda ni naranai, no love is ever wasted! We're hoping to serve the members a lot, but first we have to help them understand that it's okay for people to help each other. For some reason the Japanese seem to be against receiving any form of service. It can be frustrating at times.

We went to Inage for Stake Conference on Saturday and slept over in the Chiba Sisters' apartment! It was a party. Stake Conference was fun, but I didn't really understand what was going on. They were talking about how ward councils and ministers can bless families and individuals and help the work of salvation move forward, or something like that. Most of it went over my head. I woke up with a cold on Sunday, so while the topic was family (yay, so simple!), I couldn't really focus and it all went over my head. (I'm feeling a lot better today, though.)

We met with Eiko last week, and she is being friendly with us again! She said that she had been stressed out during the summer break because the kids were at home all the time. We told her that we would help her overcome her problems one at a time and then she could get baptized when she is ready, and she agreed. She seemed really relieved that we weren't going to try to force her to get baptized on September fifth, and I think she really felt our love for her. Besides that, Takagi san didn't seem too excited to see us this last week, and she wouldn't set up a return appointment with us, so we may be dropping her soon.

We had transfer calls today, and... I'm training in Kisarazu! I'm excited to be training one of three sisters coming in this transfer! I hope that I can help her to become the best missionary she can be!

In other news, Chapman Shimai and I each bought our own yukata last week! A yukata is a summer kimono worn at festivals. Since Obon, along with all of its many festivals, is over, the yukatas were on a really good sale. I am very thrilled with my purchase.

With four of thirteen transfers done, I am about a third of the way through my mission. I really can't believe how quickly time has gone by. I am grateful for the many experiences that I have had, and I know that I will continue to grow and become an even better person. I know that this work is the Lord's work, and nothing will stop it from moving forward.

I love you all!
Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment