Monday, July 13, 2015

Quick Update!

Dearest Family, Friends and Missionaries,

I love you all so much! Don't forget that.

We had another slow week last week. Not as many lessons as I would've liked, but I feel like I am still working hard, so I guess it's alright.

It rained a lot this last week. After Eikaiwa, we were visiting with Sanae san, and then suddenly we could hear the rain. It was dumping bucket out there! We walked home, and at one point we were walking in water up to our ankles! Then on Friday and Saturday it got super hot. It's super hot right now, and everyone says that August is way hotter. Ooh, I am not very excited for that.

We went to a concert on Saturday for Kobayashi Shimai. It was pretty fun, although it was a bit long. There were a bunch of old people singing (in fairly operatic voices) a bunch of French style songs. By the end, I think they were all just trying to hold out long high notes. It was really entertaining.

One of our investigators, Takahama san, has been looking really good. She only meets with us about once a week, but she has started coming to church fairly often. She says that she loves the peace she feels at the church, and she really fits in with all of the branch members. I really love her and would love to see her progress toward baptism. Family is so important to her, and I feel like she is in my family.

Today we met with Sanae san for lunch and we got to talk with her about the Spirit World. She has a tendency to forget everything we teach her... but she is super sweet and speaks English with a super English accent. She doesn't like scary things at all. We were sharing a little bit from the story of Alma and Korihor, and then she started reading ahead... I suddenly thought, "oh no, if she reads about the end of Korihor, she is going to freak out..." Luckily, she didn't get that far. Someday, she will read it though, but hopefully she'll already have a testimony by then.

I love you all! I'm a bit short on time this week. Just remember that we can find the answers to any questions in the Book of Mormon!

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment