Monday, March 7, 2016

The Church is True!

Dearest Family and Friends,

Hello! I feel like it hasn't been that long since I last emailed. We had a really busy week last week with Temple Pday on Tuesday, MLC on Wednesday, District Meeting on Thursday, Exchanges on Friday, and Bible Study on Saturday. I really enjoyed having the opportunity to partake of the Sacrament yesterday - one of my favorite things every week. I love the Spirit that we can feel at church.
Mission Leadership Council
I can't remember if I mentioned last week about Hipos Shimai or not. We visited on Monday, and she was home! I had never met her before, so I was excited about that. We talked with her and asked if there was anything we could help her with. She said, "I really just want to come back to church!" Great! We have church every Sunday from 10 am! Haha, well, we first need to help her realize that church is more important than her job. Anyway, we went back on Thursday to mogi the Restoration with her and her daughter, Rie, and it was way good. We asked if they knew anyone we could teach, and Hipos Shimai turned to Rie and said, "What about Sara at school?" Rie was like, "Yeah, I've been thinking she might be ready for the Gospel. I'll invite her to our next lesson!" And the Hipos Shimai was like, "Yeah, and then afterwards, take the missionaries over to her house to meet her mom." Okay, if this all actually works out, that would be great! Anyway, we were very happy when Rie chan was able to come to church on Sunday! We met her at the eki and walked to the church together, and everyone at church was so excited to see her again. They all came up and said hello to her and enthusiastically shook her hand. Rie chan should be able to go to girls’ camp at the end of this month, so that will be cool! Anyway, there have been a lot of miracles regarding the Hipos family, and I am excited to see what follows.

I know the church is true! I know that God has prepared His children to accept His word. I know that as members and missionaries work together, we will see countless miracles! I am so grateful for the Atonement of our Savior, for that enabling power. I am grateful to be able to be forgiven of my sins, mistakes and shortcomings. I am grateful for the strength that allows me to overcome weakness. I am grateful for the comfort that I can receive in times of need. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father. I am grateful for an understanding of His character.

I love you all! Have a great week!
Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment