Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Kiseki

家族や友達や宣教師へ、

Konnichiwa from Matsudo! I hope all is going well!

This week has been crazy! We taught twelve lessons in the last two days, and we've seen so many miracles! We had Sisters' Temple PDay, as mentioned in my previous email, and zone meeting. Regardless of that, we were able to meet mission standards for the first time this transfer! We had at least twenty lessons, at least two investigators came to church, and we have two new investigators! Things are really going crazy here in Matsudo, and not just for the sisters. The chouroutachi are also seeing a bunch of miracles.

Yesterday, Teruya Shimai and I went on splits right after church. Teruya Shimai taught our new investigator, Hibiki, and I taught our eternal investigator, Isono san. Isono san has been investigating the church for eleven years now, and she has never read the Book of Mormon completely! I taught about its importance with Anderson Shimai. I could only bear simple testimony of its truthfulness, but I felt that that was enough. However, Isono san still declined my invitation to read every day with her son. She says that she does not have faith and does not want to read the book. It makes me really sad to see her refuse to feel that peace, but I know that the choice is hers. I look forward to the day when some missionary can touch her heart and bring her back to her Father in Heaven. Afterward, I joined Teruya Shimai's lesson with Hibiki san and three wakai jyosei, and I was informed that Hibiki san accepted the commitment to be baptized on the 24th of May! It was so relieving. Teruya Shimai said that the young women basically taught the entire lesson, which is as it should be. Hibiki san really loved church, and the wakai jyosei in the ward were really good with befriending her.

What's interesting is that two of the wakai jyosei who participated in the lesson went to a birthday party a few weeks ago that we also went to, and we were able to start a relationship with them. The Lord was preparing us to work together to teach Hibiki chan, I think. Hontou ni a cool kiseki I think.

Teruya Shimai has several nicknames for me. One is Pocky, because my limbs are always popping and she thinks it sounds like breaking pocky. She also calls me a Scripture Vending Machine because she can tell me what kind of scripture she wants and I can always find one for her.

Every store I go to in Japan has super magical music. Not just that, but every day at 5:00 pm, a song is played really loudly all throughout Matsudo. It is so happy, and every time I get super excited. Teruya Shimai has been in Matsudo for seven months and is tired of the song. The music here in Japan makes me feel as if I am in a Pokemon game. It's really interesting.

I was reading the Book of Mormon a few days ago, and I read Alma 17:2-3. I've always loved this scripture, but it seemed a lot more meaningful this time. At this time, my friends and I have all gone our separate ways to preach the truth that we love, and someday we will all be reunited as brethren and sisters in the Lord. I really look forward to that time. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends with standards that match my own.

I love you all! Keep smiling! The Lord is always watching out for you! He wants to protect you!

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment