Monday, April 18, 2016

地震 (for lack of a better title)


Dearest Family and Friends,

All those affected by the earthquakes in Kumamoto and Ecuador are in my prayers.  I pray for their safety.

This last week was another really busy week.  We had exchanges with the Kasukabe Sisters.  I always love working with Sister Nicholes.  She and I have been in the same zone since she came to the mission last Fall.  She is so wonderful.  I hope someday my Japanese is as good as hers.

On Wednesday, we visited the Bishop's wife and weeded her yard.  We didn't get to all of it, but we did one part.  I guess we'll let the elders do the rest... It was so nice to do some real service, and I even perfected the Asian squat!  (Which really helped when cleaning the shower drain today!)

On Thursday we had interviews with President and Sister Nagano.  I am so blessed to have the cutest, sweetest, mission president and wife in the world.  I am so grateful for their love and kindness, and also for their willingness to hold the bar high for the missionaries in the Japan Tokyo Mission.  I know that because of their faith and vision, I can become an even great missionary.  As I align my vision with theirs and with the Lord's, I can truly reach my potential.

On Friday, we had Zone Meeting, and we decided to close with a testimony meeting this time.  It was so powerful, and I was so grateful we did.  We are excited to be starting Eiken Test Prep in May (in addition to our Eikaiwa classes).

On Saturday, we ate lunch with one of my favorite people – Kawaguchi Shimai!  I forgot to take a picture... but she made us tacos!  Or maybe they were burritos... anyway, we don't usually get that kind of food in Japan.  She shared with us her testimony.  She is in love with conference, and she watched Elder Holland's talk five times that morning because she thought it was so good.  She shared with us experiences from when she went to Utah a few years ago, and I am so excited to see her there this October!

I know this church is true!  Every day I am so grateful for the truth that God loves us!  I know that He is my Father, and I know that He cares about me.  He is aware of my needs, my desires, my thoughts, and my feelings.  I know that He knows best how I can be happy.  I want so badly to just give Him my heart and my will and strive for better consecration.  I know that doing so will draw me closer to Him and bring me more happiness.

I love you all!  Please be safe!  Remember, if you choose Christ, then you have made the correct decision!

Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment