Friday, February 19, 2016

バレンタインデー!

Happy Valentine's Day to the people I love!

I was shocked yesterday at church when after Sacrament Meeting they announced that the Young Women would be handing out a treat to all of the men in the ward.  I had to remind myself that Valentine's Day in Japan is different than it is in America.  In Japan, women give gifts to the men on Valentine's Day, and there is a second holiday called White Day on March 14th where the men return those gifts with something white.  It's kind of interesting.

This last week was fun.  We met with one of our investigators, Imanari Yuka san, at her home and ate lunch!  We had a great lesson about the Spirit, and she is really eating up the Gospel Library app right now.  She listens to the conference talks or other chapters of scripture, and she loves it!  She has been really busy, but recently has been putting forth more effort to meet with us.  Her daughter Berina has ballet practice every Sunday, so Yuka can't come to church, but apparently she was trying to look up a church closer to where her daughter's practice is so that she could go while she waited.  She is so close to baptism.  We're planning on teaching her the Law of Chastity tonight, so we'll see how that goes...

We met with an investigator named Ismat on Saturday.  We made little crafts, and then we talked with her about church.  Nishimiya Eri Shimai showed up to practice the piano and joined our lesson (yay, miracle douseki!).  Ismat said that she didn't have time to take the lessons from us, but she didn't mind reading material we gave her.  We asked if she had a Book of Mormon, and she said no.  We were so surprised!  We gave it to her and she said, "Oh, my mom has this book!"  She said that she would try reading it, and she seemed really excited about it.  I believe that she could have a lot of potential in the future.

We had zone meeting on Friday, and it went very smoothly.  I gave a training about exact obedience... It was kind of intense, but I felt the Spirit.  It was a good zone meeting, and I feel inspired to work harder to use my time more effectively.

Today we had transfer calls!  I will be staying in Koshigaya, and I will be working with Sister Wadsworth!  She was my douki in the MTC, but is now my Kouhai since I came to Japan early.  I'm really excited to work with her, and I know that we will see a lot of miracles.  I am so grateful for my mission, for what I have learned, and for how I have changed.  I know that this experience is being fine tuned to exactly what I need.  I'm so grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and for His help in times of need.  I know that He is there, watching over me!

I love you all!
Love, Crandall Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment